High Performance Tapes for Wind Energy
There are many applications for tesa® tapes during the manufacturing of windblades. The performance of tesa® products, with easy and clean handling, provide a lot of advantages to the user and support the efficiency of the whole production process.
tesa® 4810: single-sided PTFE laminated glass cloth tape with silicone adhesive
- Application: Self-adhesive film for large area surface masking for permanent anti-stick surface inside the mould.
- Benefit: Once applied speeds up time-consuming mould preparation with release waxes or liquids.
tesa® 4613: single-sided multipurpose PE laminated cloth backing with natural rubber
- Application: Bundling of tubes, short term holding of films where temperature and residues are not crucial.
- Benefit: Aggressive high tack even on rough surfaces, easy to tear.
tesa® 51960: double-sided fabric reinforced PP backing and acrylic adhesive
- Application: Temporary holding of vacuum spirals around the mould.
- Benefit: Residue free removable, high coating weight to the spiral side prevents lifting off during RIM preparation.
tesa® 61122 / tesa® 61123
tesa® 61122 / tesa® 61123: single-sided PET backing and silicone adhesive
- Application: Temporary masking during resin infusion. Easy mould cleaning from flashed resin after resin infusion.
- Benefit: Excellent adhesion on low surface energy products; differing in thickness leads to either higher conformability or greater tensile strength.
tesa® 4970 / tesa® 4914
tesa® 4970 / tesa® 4914: double-sided non woven and acrylic adhesive
- Application: Fastening of resin infusion profiles onto the resin distribution net; tesa® 4914 for more crucial net surfaces. Enables faster assembly and more homogenous resin distribution.
- Benefit: Excellent positioning of resin profiles. Prevents contamination of later blade structure with natural rubber.
tesa® 54994: single-sided PU film with acrylic adhesive
- Application: Permanent protection of leading edge wind generator blades.
- Benefit: Longer protection of the most stressed area of the rotor blade. Clear outdoor grade. Will not stain, lift or dry out. Approved by major OEMs and Tier1s.
tesa® 7070 ACXplus
tesa® 7070 ACXplus: double-sided acrylic foam tape with acrylic adhesive
- Application: Permanent mounting of air distributaries (gel coat to plastic or metal).
- Benefit: Faster process time, no pot-life to be considered vs. liquid glue, available as die-cut. For permanent bonding solutions when ever thermal elongation needs to be considered.
tesa® 50530: single-sided polyolefinic film
- Application: Surface protection during outdoor storage and transportation.
- Benefit: Offers cost savings due to reduction in rectification and final repair.
tesa® 6930: single-sided acrylic film
- Application: Permanent marking of lot numbers enables tracking of rotor blades.
- Benefit: Flexible marking and die-cutting. Withstands heat and abrasion.
tesa® 4657: single-sided premium coated
cloth tape with thermosetting natural
- Application: Temporarily sealing nacelle cleaving before final assembly.
- Benefit: Balanced adhesion level for different substrates with residue free removability. Withstands outdoor environment up to six months.
tesa® 60950: single-sided PVC backing sanded grid and acrylic adhesive
- Application: Antislip surface prevents from skidding inside and on top of the nacelle.
- Benefit: Very good adhesion on demanding surfaces. Saltwater resistant. No shrinkage after application.